Thursday, April 3, 2008

Some days it rains.

Melancholy.

Is it just the rain?

Cloudy, overcast.

This emotion is deeper, broader, fuller than sadness. There is a descant floating along above the low harmonies resonating in my spirit.

My house is cozy. I love the solitude. There's artwork scattered around in various stages of completion. Creativity only partially finished.

Melancholy. It's a beautiful place to be. I am content with this quiet. Enjoying simple things like coffee from a friend, a hug from a student, the new green of the leaves.

Melancholy comes easily on rainy days.

Hot tea. Cozy blanket. A book with beautiful pictures.

Melancholy is a wide space that opens up in my heart allowing the spiritual an entrance.

Awe. Stillness. When I allow it, melancholy is cleansing.

It is being content in who I am, where I am, what I am.

It is being open to change. It is listening. It is looking beyond the surface.


Some days it rains.

2 comments:

KC said...

These words are so rich... so you... these rainy days are good for you - for your spirit - for you to lay down and let the rain wash over you. I love it when you write... and when you get wet. I am there with you catching the rain drops - even if only in my mind.

Anonymous said...

mmmm, lovely, I know what you mean