Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Assignment


I recently purchased Writing as a Way of Healing, by Louise DeSalvo, as part of my journey through my past. I plan on posting an occasional assignment. The image above is the original journal entry of the first assignment.


I feel guilty that I want to sit and do nothing. Not always - just some nights it is more comfortable to stare into space than it is to come up with something to do - even watching tv seems too much. I feel guilty because I was raised to be busy - to be active - laziness is a sin. "Go serve." "He who dies with the dirtiest towel wins." "Lay up treasures." "If you're not working for the Lord, you're missing opportunities." "You'll be sorry one day for all that wasted time." That's a bunch of shit! My soul needs breathing space. I crave quiet. That's part of the natural flow of my spirit. Busy. Quiet. Busy. Quiet. Breathe in. Breathe out. There are times to be still. Resting within myself. Listening to the silence. Hearing the echoes from with walls of the heart. I'm shaking out the rug, so to speak. Beating the dust out of my soul. Letting new wind blow in through the windows.

No comments: