Friday, July 25, 2008

Musings


Sketching. Painting. Honoring my body.
There is joy in picking up the brush to caress the canvas.
I do not hold myself to a standard of perfectionism.
Bad art is allowed. The good comes through the bad.

I am struggling with being motivated to do anything. Or maybe I should say, I love futzing on the computer, reading, watching Oprah, dreaming, and watering my plants. This summer has been good for me. Slowly, I'm coming down off Lexapro. (maybe the extra weight will start to slowly come down as well) I have daydreamed of new ways to motivate, teach and control my students. I actually miss them! Sleep has come easily and in large quantities. I haven't accomplished the goals I set at the beginning of the summer, but I'm ok with that. Serendipity has ruled the day, all of them.

No comments: