Monday, July 14, 2008

Moving on


It takes time and work to move through abuse. Even spiritual abuse.
I come to the place where I can acknowledge the abuse.
Hurt over it. Be angry. Talk about it.
Those steps repeat themselves until one day I find that I've moved a little bit.
Some small piece of me has begun to heal.

I realized this the other day when I answered the following questions:
1. How do I view God?
Open, Loving, Safe
2. How do I relate to God?
I find that in silence and stillness I am at peace. I sense His presence in nature.
3. How does God reveal himself to me?
In beauty; In freeing me to find him in relationship; In the words and actions of love from others; In the peace and safety I feel even though I'm not performing all the christian actions.
4. What hang-ups do I still have regarding God?
On occasion, I find myself resisting the idea of God because the fundamentalist strings have been so recently removed. God is closely tied to family and their expectations of what a christian looks and acts like. The whole thing requires so much work.

This is my journey and I am moving on.

No comments: