Friday, May 23, 2008

A Quick Sketch



KC was tired the other night. Actually, I was too, but I found that I felt more alive drawing her than I had felt all day. Grabbing a tuscan red prismacolor pencil and sketching her for 25 minutes, filled me. One of my summer goals is to spend more time drawing people. And time drawing other things, too, but people are my focus. In art school, I learned little to nothing about figure drawing. Proportions, likeness, it all escaped me. Since then, I've avoided using anything with people in my art. With one notable exeption: a portrait of Morgan in the style of Chuck Close.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!! People are so intriguing. Hard to master, put necessary for artistic expansion. I love the portrait of Morgan! Awesome! So, when you come to Philly (yes, that will be the plan!) to visit me this summer, we can go on a sketch outing.