Saturday, May 3, 2008

Attractiveness




I've been working on my altered Bible. The New Testament has been turned into drawers containing traditional illustrations of Christ. My first entry carries the title "Attractive." The artwork was created over the Genesis story of Rachel, Leah and Jacob, where Rachel is noted as beautiful and well favored. What makes a girl attractive? Is it fashionable clothes? A great smile? The perfect body? Before a child ineracts with the world, she is attractive. She is beautiful before she learns the perfect smile. Her attractiveness is bigger than her body or even her clothes. Start with her eyes. Watch, till you see her soul bubble over. An attractive woman does care for her physical appearance, but in proportion with how she cares for her soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and Talented Lauren,

Ive been making my way through your blog... i know you gave me your address about a month ago, so i dont know why I decided to stumble past tonight, but i did and i had to comment on this one entry because of this profound statement....

An attractive woman does care for her physical appearance, but in proportion with how she cares for her soul.

sometimes its hard to keep our priorities straight and see what it really important... not just when it comes to appearance, but in relationships, and in a all parts of life.

the soul and its relationship with Christ should definitely #1 on the priority list. i wish i could say that i always have it where it should be.

love you,
steph

Yellow bobby pins said...

Thank you!
You honor me with your words. I find it interesting what catches people's eye as I blog. We're all human, broken and still we grow and change as we journey through our lives.
So, SO glad that I get to be a small part of yours!
Love you
Lauren