Friday, February 12, 2010

fears

Fears I have as I begin to flesh out my belief and understanding of God.

1. That I will turn a corner in this discovery and find that God was waiting for me to figure out that I really was supposed to be checking all those boxes and keeping all the rules. He expects me to repent and do penance to appease his anger.

2. Coming from a place of God as a black and white deity, I am afraid to step out and begin to let my own image and definition of God surface.

3. There is the fear of where this journey will take me.

2 comments:

KC said...

"speaking" your fear often loosens it's grip on us... and you are held.. i love you.. keep walking...

Petra said...

I just read this after I left that last comment. I'm commenting all over the place. I was thinking your blog was in my google reader, but apparently not since I had no idea you were keeping up with it so!!! It's in there now. I'm catching up. :)

I understand these fears. I've been letting go as well. It gets better/easier... Hang in there! :)