Monday, September 21, 2009

Returning to the story

I've missed this blog. Tried to create a new one, but it lacked the presence and history of this one. The layout annoyed me and for the life of me, I couldn't seem to get the login correct! So, here I am.

Been thinking the last couple of days about adventure. Donald Miller's new book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years is meshing well with this place I am in life. I wonder what my life is about? At the end of the day, what drives me? What fills me? Who have I affected? What is my story? I am the leading character within this drama, although most days the drama contains a basket full of yawns. What choices can I make to change that? Or, on the flip side of that question, what makes the nothingness of day to day living contain meaning and purpose? A pile of question and not a lot of answers. Sometimes, I think the answers are more stumbled upon than decided. But I am also the protagonist in this story. I need to make things happen and to believe that other things are worth making happen. At the end of "Once upon a time" I want to find meaning and purpose.

2 comments:

KC said...

i love reading your writing again friend.... keep reading... keep writing...

Petra said...

I'm glad you are blogging! Going to add your blog to my google reader now. :)