Saturday, August 30, 2008

heart

Sometimes life moves so quickly that I loose sight of the real me. The one inside, buried under the busyness. There was a time in the not to distant past that I was wading through pools of hurt. These days, I am mostly content and happy to be where I am doing what I'm doing enjoying the people around me. I want my heart to be strong and open. No walls, just a place where transactions of love are commonplace. No more cowering in a corner, ashamed of the real me.

These words and thoughts grew out of some photos I was taking the other day. A few years ago, my friend was helping me break down the walls that surrounded my heart. She loved me unconditionally and it scared me. Little by little, holes began to appear in my heart. The stagnant air could leave while hope flowed freely. She and her husband gave me this heart ornament as a picture of what was going on inside me.

1 comment:

KC said...

And the walls that broke away from your heart revealed such a beautiful, well hide person. Not anymore! You are you in all of your beauty... and we all love you and embrace you. And your heart is free to love and give.. and receive love. You touch people and make lives richer and fuller. You bring so much LIFE into my days and Jerry's days... I cannot imagine walking without you... i love you...